Shipping & Delivery - We ship worldwide.
All our products are shipped from Chennai, India. All prices on the website exclude shipping fees. Shipping fees are calculated and added to the cart. For domestic shipments within India, we use Bluedart, and for international shipments, we use DHL Express Worldwide.
Approximate Delivery Time.
United States of America and Canada - 3/5 business days.
United Kingdom - 2/4 business days.
Countries in Europe - 3/5 business days.
Countries in South America - 5/7 business days.
Countries in Africa - 7/10 business days.
India - 2/7 business days.
Rest of the World - 3/14 business days.
Orders are processed and shipped SAME DAY for orders placed Monday through Saturday before 10 AM IST (Indian Standard Time) provided they are not holidays in Chennai, India. If it is a holiday in Chennai, India, shipping will be done the next working day.
Orders placed during any sales / promotions which include any coupon codes to make purchases may take up to 14 days to dispatch
In rare cases, there may be delays caused by customs or the courier company or due to other unforeseen circumstances. If such delays occur, it may take upto 2 to 4 weeks for packages to reach you. We are not responsible for shipment delays and you cannot ask for refunds or claim any other expenses that you may incur due to shipments being delayed.
Our system emails your order receipt as soon as your online order is complete. You may also login to your website account to view your order details. If you have not received an email please contact us immediately. Custom Orders, wholesale orders and other items may not be available for immediate shipment. We will notify you of product delays or back-ordered products and hold your order until all products are available. You would have the option to cancel your order for a full refund if you desire.
Billing and Shipping Address.
We require that your shipping and billing addresses must be completely mentioned including zip/postal code for your order to be approved. If your order has been declined due to an Address mismatch, please contact us to resolve the issue. In addition, we require that you mention your full name, email address and telephone number. We cannot ship orders without a persons name and telephone number.
We take Fraud Seriously.
If you are a theif or somebody fraudulently using a credit card that belongs to somebody else, rest assured that your IP address is logged and you will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Every effort is made to ensure that products mentioned as "In stock" or "Available" on the website are ready for dispatch. In the rare case the product(s) you ordered is not available, BigLove Indian Hair will contact you within 15 hours from the time you placed the order by phone, email, or both to see if you are interested in a product substitution or if you are willing to wait for us while we restock the product you ordered. If a substitution or delay is not a viable option for you and you wish to cancel your order completely, we will issue your payment as a refund.
Undeliverable Packages, Incorrect Addresses / shipping information, and Refused Deliveries.
Your order will normally be shipped via Bluedart or DHL to the address you provide. Tracking numbers are sent to your email address as soon as as soon as a shipping label is created. If you have not received a tracking number within 15 hours of placing your order, please let us know. Use your Bluedart/DHL tracking number to track your package in transit.
Incomplete or incorrect address information are the major cause of shipment delays. Check the address information on your order. Make sure you have included ALL the information (Your name, address, apt#, telephone number, zip/postal code, etc.) needed to deliver your package. DHL charges a service fee for address corrections. You will be charged for any additional fees caused by bad address information. BigLove Indian Hair is not responsible for stolen packages.
Due to problems with missing shipments and fraud attempts, we ship all packages as SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION, meaning someone must be there to sign for the package. DHL/Bluedart will attempt to obtain a signature at the time of delivery. DHL/Bluedart will usually make several attempts to deliver your package. They may also leave a notice of their attempts to deliver at the delivery address and give you a telephone number to call for pick-up or to arrange an alternate delivery. It is the customers responsibility to arrange for package pick-up if necessary. No refunds will be issued for refused or abandoned shipments.
Use the shipping airway bill number code provided to track your shipments. You can do so here on DHL if you are located outside India or click here if you are located within India.
If you have tracked your package and there is a discrepancy in delivery information or it has been lost in transit please contact us by phone or email immediately. We will contact DHL/Bluedart right away and initiate a trace for your package and have them start an investigation. This investigation can take up to 8-10 business days. If it is determined that your shipment has been lost a replacement will be sent pending DHL/Bluedart's investigation of the situation. If the product comes returned to us as undeliverable, we will contact you and re-ship the item at our expense depending on the situation.
International Shipments and Customs.
International Shipments must clear customs. The rules and requirements for customs clearance vary by country. It is the customers responsibility to pay any additional taxes, fees or duties or to arrange for any permits or special paperwork that may be required. For the USA, there is no fee for shipments under $1000. Above $1000, a fee might apply. Please contact us for more information. Invoices and a Veterinary Health Certificate are sent with all retail shipments. For wholesale shipments, a fumigation certificate is provided in addition. These are the only documents that will be sent with your shipment. Please contact us if you need any further information.
THE STORY OF INDIAN HAIR
India is simply ravishing indeed! Steamy, spicy and spiritual - India is a land that has delighted many a traveler since the beginning of civilization. Indian women are blessed with hair that is held as the most luxuriant in texture and feel across the globe. Everywhere you go in India, you will see women with gorgeous, long, silky, voluminous hair that catches every ray of light to make it dance and vibrate in joy. Most women in India use only natural vegan products for beauty care - ensuring that the hair is absolutely healthy and virgin.
Every year, well over 40 million devotees visit the temple in the town of Thirupati, in the state of Andhra Pradesh which lies east of the BigLove Indian Hair Extensions factory. On an average 65,000 devotees visit the temple every day, and on certain special days, the number can surge well over the half a million mark! Over half of the devotees who visit the temple shave their head and offer their hair in an act of sacrifice to Vishnu - the presiding deity in the temple. The temple itself traces its routes to the 2nd century AD and remains in continuous worship.
Legend has it that a shepherd mistakenly hit the Lord on his head, making a portion of his scalp bald. A princess noticed this bald spot, and feeling that such an attractive face should not have a bald spot, she immediately cut a portion of her hair and offered it to the Lord. Ever since then, it is said devotees who visit the temple "follow suit" and offer their hair in an act of self-sacrifice.
Today, over 1 tonne of hair is collected at the temple every day. Every bunch is carefully tied individually at the top, making sure we at BigLove can produce the world's most beautiful and finest Indian hair products that are single donor and cuticle aligned. The money that the temple makes is reinvested into the community; funding free schools, food aid programs, free quality health care and other rural development programs. This is hair that is sourced ethically and spreads BigLove!
Timeline of Indian Hair Trade
- Up To 1940All hair that was given up as a spiritual offering was simply collected and burnt. The hair trade that was to become a multi-billion dollar did not exist. 1940
- Early 1940Koreans see the vast business potential of cuticle aligned hair. They start buying hair from the temples.
- 1940 - 1950Korea monopolizes the hair industry and starts manufacturing wigs and other hair pieces. They start exporting the hair to the western world. Demand slowly but surely picks up steam.
- Early 1950India discovers the potential of the hair trade and what Korea is up to. The temples decide to sell hair to only Indians. Indian companies start exporting hair to China.
- 1980 - 1990China starts dominating the hair trade by making wigs and other hair products with hair sourced from India.
- 2000The demand for quality hair booms, especially in the USA. India starts manufacturing quality hair products locally and uses the best quality raw hair. Export to China of cuticle aligned hair slowly starts going down, through export of non-remy hair (hair that is collected after brushing / salon cut) continues.
- 2010China invents and perfects methods to make non-remy hair feel cuticle aligned with a "cuticle free" treatment that uses machines and chemicals to neutralize cuticle direction flow. In addition, China starts to use many marketing gimmicks and tactics such as branding low grade non-remy Indian hair as Brazilian, Cambodian and Malaysian hair. Price of this hair is kept low.
- 2015The USA is saturated with sub-standard and low quality hair that is often mixed with synthetic fibers. Awareness of true chemical free natural cuticle aligned Indian hair takes root. Consumers in the USA start to get more educated and better understand the value of an authentic product.
- 2013 - 2018Indian companies manage to break the stranglehold that old Indian hair exporters had on the market. The government of India steps in and mandates that hair should be bought from temples via an online auction. Smaller companies begin producing products that are innovative and better in design and quality than that of the old vendors. Pricing becomes much more competitive. The hair trade, already a multi-billion dollar industry is set to BOOM.